We like to think of Wiston Lodge as your “nearest faraway place”, as one visitor described it, and we are located equidistant between Edinburgh and Glasgow. With an approximate travel time of 1 hour from each city, we’re easy to get to…once you know how to find us!
Our postcode is ML12 6HT but beware! Some Sat Navs bring you into the village but not directly to the Lodge with this postcode. Once in Wiston Village, find the Primary School. The Lodge is located at the top of the hill, right next to the school.
- 39 miles, approx. 50 mins
- M74 South
- Junction 11 take A70 towards Edinburgh
- After Rigside turn R onto B7055 to Wiston
- Through Wiston Village, Wiston Lodge on left after Primary School
- 38 miles, approx 1 hr, 10 mins
- A702 through Biggar
- After Biggar, turn Right onto A72, through Symington village
- Turn Left onto A73 southbound
- Bottom of the hill at the narrow bridge, turn right to Wiston village
- Through village, up to the top of the hill and the lodge is on the right next to Primary School
There are regular buses from Lanark to Wiston (Wanlockhead – Lanark Number 31, Stuarts Coaches) and back (6 a day each way Mon – Sat, which take about 20 – 30 mins. See the map below: the bus stop for the Lanark bus is on the junction of the A73 / Millrigg Road. N.B. There is NO Sunday service.
There are regular buses (6 per day Mon – Sat) from Edinburgh to near Wiston (via Biggar). For this you want the Edinburgh – Dumfries (Houstons, 101 Service). The bus timetable does NOT state Wiston but you want to get off the bus “as near to Wiston as you can” after Lamington but before Roberton. See the map below, which ‘guides you in’ to Wiston village and the Lodge once you get off the bus. You just need to communicate with the driver once you leave Biggar! N.B. There is a REDUCED Sunday service but it is possible to return to Edinburgh on a Sunday.