For more than 10 years we have been working with local young people aged 16+ who are looking for experience, fun and a challenge in the outdoors. Our Youth Volunteering Programme is perfect for anyone looking for experience before entering a wide range of careers including childcare, teaching, outdoor education, sports coaching. It is also a great addition to a CV for many other jobs.
Full training is provided beforehand, including child protection training to ensure both the children and youth volunteers stay safe.
What Will I Be Doing?
Youth volunteers start out working alongside our qualified instructors on our Holiday Programme.
- Helping the children to have fun and enjoy themselves.
- Working alongside the instructor to deliver a variety of outdoor activities, games and challenges.
- Helping children to put on safety equipment (training will be given).
- Helping to ensure that children comply with safety instructions (under guidance).
- Befriending children and helping to make them feel safe and secure.
- Supporting the instructors with the set up and taking down of activity equipment (under guidance).
- When ready, suitably inducted and confident enough, volunteer holiday workers will be given the opportunity to lead on simple games and activities (e.g. woodland games, arts and crafts, team challenges).
- Any other task that the instructor deems appropriate.
What Support Will I Get?
Full training is provided to all of our youth volunteers before you start volunteering with groups. This includes child protection training to ensure both you and the children you are working with are kept safe. You will always be with one of our outdoor instructors, and typically we have 2 volunteers per group in the summer so you can support each other and work together.