As a member of the Hospitality and Events Crew you may have a passion for cooking or serving amazing food, or be motivated by making our facilities better or our accommodation welcoming and clean.
At Wiston Lodge we look to develop all your skills and hidden talents, encouraging you to inspire others. We strive to be a place to grow for our staff, volunteers and trainees as well as for all the young people and groups who visit.
You might have more skills in certain areas but we expect our teams to work together, fill any gaps and jump in to provide the best experience we can for the young people and vulnerable groups we are here to support.
If you would like to work in beautiful surroundings, with incredible people and make a real difference to people’s lives, then this may be your dream job.
Please contact us for an application pack.
- Cooking and Catering
- Cook and cater for large groups, clearing and dishwashing as required.
- Serve meals to visiting groups, including any special dietary requirements
- Make tea and coffee for groups and keep t&c area clean and well stocked
- Clearing and dishwashing as required
- Clean to a high standard all internal facilities – the lodge, the hub, cabins and campsite washroom.
- Ensure all facilities are cleaned in line with infection control procedures (COVID)
- Store cleaning products following COSHH procedures
- Ensure all toilets, bathrooms and shower areas are kept clean and tidy in accordance with statutory health and hygiene regulations.
- Launder bed linen, folding and storing sheets after washing/drying
- Clean bedrooms (hoover, sanitise spray mattresses, tidy up, clean bathrooms) after departure of a group.
- Arranging accommodation, adapt rooms to guests needs or request, moving furniture as required.
- Clean grates, lay fires when needed before guests arrive and thereafter to ensure adequate stocks of paper, kindling and logs for guests own use.
- Recycling, repair and facility maintenance
- Assist with our recycling policy by separating used bottles, cans, cardboard compostable material animal food.
- Arrange maintenance of equipment and work to our health and safety policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Events and Team-working
- Assist other teams on special or large-scale events
- Induct, train and motivate trainees or bank staff with hospitality tasks.