We are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking CATERING ASSISTANT with a passion for food and a commitment to our charitable aims to join the team at our development centre in rural South Lanarkshire.
Terms & Conditions:
Job Title: Catering Assistant
Wage: Real Living Wage – £9 per hour
Hours: 21 hours per week, generally worked over the course of three 7- hour days, including weekends & evenings. The shifts may be straight through or split, covering breakfast, lunch and dinner times for resident guests. In busy periods, there may be the possibility of additional hours. Shifts vary from week to week, according to the needs of the business.
Probation: Employment is conditional on the completion of a satisfactory 3 month probationary period.
References: Any offer of employment will be subject to Wiston Lodge receiving satisfactory references from previous employers or other suitable referees.
Contract: Issued once employment has commenced.
Location: Wiston Lodge, Wiston, South Lanarkshire.
Reporting to: Head of Hospitality
- To assist the Head Cook with the preparation and serving of healthy, home-cooked meals for guests, according with their dietary requirements and meal choices.
- To assist in maintaining the kitchen and food areas in a well ordered manner, in accordance with statutory health and hygiene regulations.
- To assist with larger occasions such as Retreats or Celebration Events.
- To assist with stock takes and menu planning.
- To work closely together with the wider Wiston Lodge team to ensure high standards of customer service.
- To complete any other tasks as required by the needs of the organisation.
|ESSENTIAL CRITERIA||DESIRABLE CRITERIA|
|JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|Passion for Catering|
|Excellent Customer Service Skills|
|Energy & Enthusiasm|
|Flexible approach to work|
|Ability to follow instructions and to carry out tasks quickly and competently|
|Good communication skills|
|Ability to work within a team|
|Ability to take the initiative|
|Ability to work well under pressure|
|Previous experience in Hospitality (e.g. Cook, Kitchen Porter or Hotel/Pub trade)||Catering Experience|
|QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING|
|Basic Food Hygiene Certificate||Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate|
|Professional Catering Qualification|
|First Aid Certificate|
|A commitment to the Vision, purpose, mission, values and beliefs of Wiston Lodge|
|A commitment to equal opportunities|
|A willingness to undertake further relevant training as required.|
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th June at 5pm
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org